Today is for my sewing friends! This is the pattern I learned to sew on, it is the Lucy pattern by Children's Corner. The dress is reversible. It is pretty easy and I have made dresses off this pattern for fall too, which she wore with a turtleneck underneath (see the Laughter and Giggles entry from my blog for a sample dress with the turtleneck).
This dress has her name monogrammed on the white side and a printed fabric on the green side.
My daughter chose this monogram of an ice cream cone for the yellow side and the reverse is multi-colored stripes/polka dot. (FYI - I just realized the yellow side needs to be ironed - it doesn't gather at the top as it appears in the picture.)
Monday, April 23, 2007
Recent dresses I have sewn
This dress is monogrammed with an H on the green side and multi-colored polka dots on the reverse.
My daughter loves this dress. It is quite comfy for a day out! She is really loving dresses these days so this gives her 2 dresses in one and makes more bang for my buck!
Hope you enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They are all so adorable!! I am so proud of you for doing this sewing adventure!! :o)
maybe one day you will have fun doing the same!
Love these too, Melodye! Do you monogram or get someone else to do that? I am going to Hancock fabrics tomorrow to get fabric for dresses. I received some Mother's Day coupons in the mail.
I love Children's Corner patterns too. My friend, Nanette, introduced them to me. The yellow dress on my sewing blog is Children's corner. It was the first picture so it is in older posts. I am also going to put pics of some dress outfits I did last year.
I have been looking for more sewing blogs and can't find any. Let me know if you come across some more. I love seeing your sewing jewels!!
I did have them monogrammed. I want to learn to monogram too but one thing at a time. Plus I would need a new machine with that feature! $$ I haven't found any other sewing blogs either, other than Tallie's. I think you already checked that one! My neighbor does monogram so that helps, but I want to try the embellishment e-book from your site. Have you tried that?
Post a Comment