Saturday evening I had tomatoes with fresh garlic and salt/pepper. After partaking of my garlic tomatoes I partook of some fresh salsa hubby made. It was made with fresh onions and garlic. Very strong. Saturday night I went to bed (after a SUPER win by LSU) and had a slight sore throat. It wasn't due to cheering my team on... it was a real sore throat.
I woke Sunday morning feeling lethargic and I had a stuffy nose. To the average American (we are conditioned to hit the decongestant bottle and not think past that) it would appear I was getting worse. The entire day Sunday I had no appetite and felt tired. I ate another dose of chips and strong salsa and took a nap. Steve was wanting me to eat lunch but my appetite was gone.
I woke from my nap feeling the same. A few hours passed - we had dinner but I was only up for trying grilled cheese and homemade chicken noodle soup. Within an hour I felt 100% better. Then I ate dinner! Feeling even better!
Normally I, like most other humans, would have thought I was heading down hill and about to go through a few days of recovery. My sore throat felt like fire! But the truth is we often feel worse before we 'feel' the true healing symptoms. I am glad my husband felt the urge to make salsa 'out of the blue' before my sore throat manifested itself. The fresh garlic and onion are what helped soothe my sore throat (although it did further the throat burn at first - no pain no gain).
I do not pretend to never take meds - I am guilty of that from time to time but when I seek the natural remedies I often find a truly SHORT lived illness! Lately, I am finding myself leaning towards googling a home remedy BEFORE falling back onto my crutch of prescriptions. So far - all illness is fleeing quickly! Thanks Steve for wanting salsa! The little inner nudges are often not acknowledged and I know the salsa was my healing salve!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Fast sore throat remedy...
Posted by
MorningSong
at
12:15 PM
Labels: Healthy Remedies, Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes, i think garlic is a cure for alot..i've actually put it in my ears for an ear infection..weird i know! it didn't smell very good, but it worked!
Post a Comment