Friday, February 20, 2009

A Moment of Truth

No matter how many times I've been at the doorway of faith - I find faith challenging. Yes I know God is in control. Yes I know. Yes. I know. But it is so hard to take my hands off and trust that it truly is all His. To let it become what He so desires rather than what I desire.

A new walk of faith always brings me to a moment of decision. To let go again and trust, or to hang on for dear life and work my plan instead. The decision to let go always causes my heart to race and the feeling of being overwhelmed consumes me. The knowing within that all will be well while I CHOOSE to let go, on purpose, and surrender the reigns over to Him is strong but so is the urge to hang on. To free fall into the hope rather than holding on with all I have within me. To trust that this time we WILL follow His lead rather than purpose to follow Him while we really follow our own lead. To trust that we will have self-control and wait on His timing rather than run full speed ahead as a bulldozer. All the past mistakes flash before my eyes as I hope we will hear His voice clearly and not attach His voice to our agenda. To rest and follow and not run with anxiety. I'm trying to let go and take this new free fall. I really am - I'm just trying to convince my hands to let go of the reigns and go for another ride of my life. Let go hands! LET GO and let's SOAR!

2 comments:

Mis said...

it's so hard to let go and just trust the Lord with things!! i'm with you!! is there a big decision you guys are trying to make right now??

MorningSong said...

Sort of. Not super risky - just the possibility of something we've had on hold for awhile finally moving forward. Can't really talk about it yet but... it may be time to start moving forward and it is a little scary. Will it work or will it flop?