Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Walking With The Dinosaurs

Tonight we went on a family adventure. We had a BLAST! I wasn't sure how strict they would be about taking pictures so I didn't tote my good camera along on this adventure. There was a fifty fifty chance we would not be allowed to use it, so that explains the gritty pictures. Here are me and HC, she enjoyed indulging in popcorn and most of all.... BLUE COTTON CANDY!! JB and Daddy - Daddy won tickets to this show by answering a question on the radio. Pretty cool huh?! What a smart Daddy HC and JB have! Thank you Daddy!
So here are a few glimpses of all the historic beasts we saw: Here is the Allosaurus on the left and the Stegosaurus on the right.
Here are two Brachiosaurus'.
They were HC's favorite - the long necked ones. They seemed less vicious and I think that is what makes them the most appealing to her.
This was HC and JB's LEAST favorite, the Pterosaur. JB kept telling Steve "I don't want that to fly by me."
Here are three Raptors eating another dinosaur carcass. HC kept saying "I feel sad for that dead dinosaur." See the Paleontologist in the picture? He was our narrator.
Here's the Torosaurus (with the spike coming out of it's ginormous head), a baby Tyrannosaurus, a Mommy one too, and finally a bumpy one with a large stone tail. The bumpy one was called an Ankylosaurus. The Torosaurus was JB's favorite.
Of course the Tyrannosaurus Rex Mommy and baby were the stars of the show - they nearly received a standing ovation. :)
Here are my two with the roaring dino teeth behind them.
What a fun night. Yay Daddy!

The End.

5 comments:

annieck said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time. We really wanted to take Tristan because he LOVES dinosaurs, but with the cost and our CRAZY schedule this week, we won't be able to make it. :(

Just Mom said...

That show looks AWESOME!

YAY DADDY for winning tickets.

:-D

Unknown said...

MM and JJ are so jealous! they both wanted to go so bad, but we have a trip coming up at the end of the month to the tn aquarium instead, so oh well. It does look really cool there, though. Tell your hubby I am impressed with his smarts!

Rachael said...

SO FUN!!! Thanks for posting...I was hoping you would!

Mis said...

looks like fun. sean's mom wanted us to take the boys to this!! the pics are cute!