Ok all you moms of boys. How is this done? Yesterday was our first real effort to teach JB to go tee tee on the potty. We tried earlier this year and he had a stomach bug so we stopped. I put the big boy underwear on JB and he was proud. Every time he had to tee tee, he did. He tee teed in 6 pair of underwear. :) Is this step normal with boys? When I ask him, where do you go tee tee? He says, "I go tee tee in the potty Mommy."
At one point he was outside playing and when we came in he was wet. I said "JB did you tee tee in your underwear?" He said, "No, I tee tee in the grass." I looked at my husband with shock, thinking my husband let him tee tee outside. He quickly said "I didn't do it". I wouldn't mind JB tee teeing outside but we don't have a fence, and you know my husband would have to show him how this works. So, anyway that is why I was concerned with that! haha
I didn't have this issue with HC. If her panties were wet she was upset. JB could wear wet underwear with no qualm!! Any ideas on what I should do next? I've heard that once you start with the underwear - don't turn back. Any advice Moms??
Friday, June 22, 2007
I go Tee Tee in the Potty!
Posted by
MorningSong
at
10:58 AM
Labels: Buddy, Family Fun, Parenting, Potty Training, Pumpkin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
My own son was 3 before he was trained. I agree - don't go back to diapers, unless you do it for one day, he feels dry all day, and then go back to big boy pants the next and he sees the difference. If he's not bothered by being wet now, he probably won't be for a while. Good luck!! Boys are harder to train that girls... ;o) Signed - mom in Texas
Oh boy, I will have to get Audrey to hook up with you on this one... she is trying to potty train her oldest son William right now, too, and he's not taking to it too easily!
Funny thing is, her middle son Alex (1 1/2 years old) has gone pee pee on the potty more than William (2 1/2) has!
We joke that Alex will be in underwear before his big brother!
Jane, P&B Girls
here's a site you'll like:
http://www.babygadget.net/
cool stuff
I found a great book from Growing Kids... 1,2,3 Potty. It worked for us. Judah was trained in 1 week. Also check out Potty Wise. You can get both from amazon.com. Hope it goes well.
Jenni Williams
well, we have been going from pullups to big boy underwear and some times he uses the big toilet and sometimes he uses the big boy underwear. I realized the other day he was ready for JUST big boy underwear when he was playing a game and he asked me if he had on big boy underwear or pullups?? Not thinking I answered him and then it hit me!!!!!!!!! He was going to pee pee in his pants if he had pullups on!!!!! That son of mine!!!!! Anyway, don't get stressed. I am real big about not forcing them and just working with them consistently. Eventually they will potty train.....really, do you see an older child wearing diapers to school!! Ha Ha Release yourself from the need to compare to others and J will potty just at the right time.
Hey, Jenni!! Start a blog with us!!!!!
I hear boys are harder than girls when it comes to toilet training....then I turn around to hear the opposite!
Matt was easy! I waited until I saw control (ex. he would have a dry diaper after checking him in an hour). One day I just decided to start and made it a point NOT to go back. I put Matt on the toilet every hour and would wait for him to go. This took TIME and PATIENCE, but he grasped the concept in a week's time and learned control better and better with every passing week. I also think it helped that he pooped in the toilet right away! I never did Pull Ups (except for at night). I found them to be like diapers which defeats the purpose! I used those 5-ply cotton pants from Gerber instead without the liners (too sweaty).
Now we'll see how Mark does! I plan to start him around 2-1/2 (like Matt). OH BOY!!!
Thanks Jenni, I will definitely try those books!!
JB was better on our first try, earlier this year, but now he isn't cooperating. :)
HC was so distressed that she was wet that she caught on once we started with panties. I guess I need to relax and try to make it click. We've watched a potty movie all day today and he loves it. I wonder if anything sank in?? We will see.
My son was almost three when he decided he wanted to be a big boy. One thing I did to encourage the use of the potty was to let him go every time his daddy went. I even put a little basket of his favorite books next to the potty. Then, to encourage the use of the big potty I would throw in a few cheerios for him to "shoot" at - he loved it and it really worked for him.
Just be patient, encourage him and let him figure it out.
My son's pediatrician told me that as long as they don't go to kindergarten in diapers, everything is o.k.
Blessings!!
Okay, hear me when I say, "it is harder to train boys than girls." You'll hear this over and over again! Because in most cases it is. It takes much longer and yes, what's going on in your house is no different than what many of us moms with boys are experiencing. Hang in there...eventually he'll do it!
OMG! I am in the midst of potty training William right now!
Our pediaitrician recommended just putting him in the undies, putting a potty near ME at all times and keep asking him every 1/2 hour if he has to go.
Well... we have been through about 100 wet undies in the last 2 weeks - but in the past 3 days he has been going on his own during the day.
We have not even begun the NIGHTS yet... or out of the house... but it's a start.
Oh... I feel for you... it can be tough. This is my first time through it...
My middle guy sees us with William and has been going on his own - UM...???? Go figure!!?????
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls
oh my! i guess i will have to revisit this experience in a few years. both my girls were different. i don't think it is a girl/boy issue, it is an "every child is different" issue. with syd, we stuck with the panties until all parties involved were too stressed to deal anymore (about 3 weeks). then, back to diapers. in a few months we tried again, and it was a breeze. em trained in like a week the first try. to each child, his own!
hey girlfriend! It's been so long since my Zack was in that stage that I can't remember...but I do remember that boys are harder to potty train than girls.
Actually, I could have just said "train" in every aspect, huh?!
Hope all is going well! I missed ya!
Post a Comment