We have had several gloomy weeks in our part of the world. It has been HOT! The kind of hot that you can feel eating away at the cool air indoors, if the door is left open for 2 seconds. The kind of hot that is sticky and makes everything you do feel exhausting.
When it hasn't been HOT, it's been cloudy and HOT or cloudy and RAIN and HOT!! Usually not enough rain to remove the state of drought. Just enough rain to make the dirt muddy. So we've been indoors a bit more lately due to these awful conditions. Every time we've ventured out we've almost dehydrated due to the heat or had to go indoors due to the rain.
Wednesday was no different! It was a truly gloomy day! We tried to go outdoors and it began to rain after being outside for 5 minutes. At first I wasn't convinced that it was raining, it almost felt like raindrops were being blown off of the trees surrounding us. Then it was a little harder and then... a steady rain drizzle. The rain lasted for 10 seconds but doused us and doused the ground. Just enough to make a mess! haha
My kids were so thrilled to be outdoors that they could not contain themselves... they were running, squealing, dancing, spinning. I couldn't resist their freedom to play IN the rain.The kids found a drip off of our roof (due to a clogged drain)and they became drinched from the drip and not the rain!
The laughter and the jumping into puddles that were smaller than their tiny feet! Oh the fun of being so young and innocent! I love the way they find fun in most anything we do! Today is a much cooler day, so maybe the sprinkles of rain did some good after all!
15 comments:
Awwww...How SWEET! They look like they had a wonderful time!!! Bless your heart.
I also wanted to stop by and thank you for your comment on my blog today, you touched my heart and I wanted to give you something in return. Please come over to my blog and see:D
God Bless,
Amber
I love the pictures of your kids. And goodness, that grass looks pretty green for being a drought - you should see our lawns - but at least some of this humidity is gone this week.
They look so happy! How fun!
Ah the fun! They both look so cute. Kids need to run and play and being inside gets real old. The photos are great! I hope today lets them be outside and enjoy burning off their energy.
That's how it used to be here in the winter when my kids were little. It would be too cold to play outside. They would long to go out and just couldn't.
Wow, we live in different places, but have the same weather! :)
I popped over from a comment you left somewhere...its nice to "meet" you!
Oh that is so sweet. Looks like your precious kiddos had a fun time. Up in the NW we have had HOT weather and last night a brief tunderstorm went through. It was kinda nice to smell the fresh rain and watch the lighting. I have been enjoying your posts. Not sure who I found your through? Anyhow your family is adorable! Thanks for sharing!!
looks like so much fun! Love the pictures! And boy, don't we need the rain in these parts?!
Here in Texas the rain has been a real pain but we needed it. It just rained and rained and then rained some more! That made the grass grow and left no time when the lawn was dry enough to cut it. The kids looked like they were having a ball!
Leigh Ann - I know our drought is VERY minor compared to some! The cities are threatening serious fines though for anyone caught watering!! UhOh! :)
The key to green grass during a drought is to water deep and seldom. Just a little tid bit I've found on the world wide web! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the pictures of your kids playing in the rain! How fun!
The long HOT days of summer! I have been longing to be kid once more, for a good old fashioned sprinkler run :)!
Amy
I'm afraid I'd be saying, "Wait, you're getting your clothes all wet..." Good for you for reveling in this!
PS, there's a post on my blog about you!
The perfect thing to do on a rainy day!
You win the Mommy award for letting them be kids =D
It's wonderful to see kids having fun! You have gorgeous kids! Thanks for stopping by at my blog!
I really enjoyed reading your post. You have a pleasent way to express yourself...
I hope you will find the time to see my blog too :)
http://beygale.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment