Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Feeling Blue

Lately I haven't had much to say. I haven't visited your blogs and I haven't had anything to say on mine either. I feel empty. Like I've said it all. It doesn't help that I have felt a little blue lately. I am beginning to feel better but I still can't get back into the flow with my blog. I hope to be back soon, back to normal.

If you think about it, say a little prayer for me. I can't shake this feeling of being blue. I get a glimpse of reality - that I am fine, there isn't anything to be down about and then, before I know it - the feeling is back. I feel discouraged and sad. I feel like it is a spiritual attack and it just keeps coming. I get a bit of relief and then WHAM! Here it comes again. I cannot pin point the trigger, there are many little things that send me back down. I know it doesn't make sense but I just cannot knock it. It is a little cycle of being fine one minute and on the verge of tears the next. I didn't want to share this on my blog, for fear of making you all feel sorry for me or that my life is in turmoil. I didn't want to bring you down. My life is great, my spirit is just fighting to stay fine.

I find the energy to stir myself out of this dumpy spot and then it returns. I don't know what more to do. I am just drained and ready for it to be gone!

I find myself in a moment with the kids or such and think - this would make a great post. But then it passes and I find the blue cloud returns. I cannot think of anything cheery to say or share. I am desperately trying to climb out of this bad feeling, but I cannot find my way out. It isn't a helpless feeling, just down. Just blah, just nothing. Just sad.

15 comments:

Kerry said...

Will be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I have had periods like this recently as well. I know my mom had similar struggles in her thirties. I will say a prayer for you!

Anonymous said...

Precious friend I hope it helps to know that I have had days like that as well, wanting to connect with my dear blogging friends and just not having words to share that will edify anyone. My heart has felt sad and lonely, yet the reason is hard to pin point.

Your can rejoice and know how loved you are. Your friends, ME, are so very thankful that you shared your heart. I am praying that the Lord will give you the garmet or praise for the spirit of heaviness. I hope you have some good music to put on and find those little kids and just make yourself dance around the room in thankfulness to our Father for whatever reason you can think of.

When you start to make a list it becomes easy to find many reasons for a good day.

1. You are alive
2. Your husband
3. Your kids
4. Your home
5. Food
6. Clothes
7. Friends all over the country who love you
8. A bed to sleep in tonight
9. Little arms that hug you just because.
10. God's unconditional love

I know this feeling will pass. Just know that God hears our prayers and he loves you so much. May he strengthen your inner man giving you that renewed and refreshed feeling to seek out the blessing of what tomorrow holds just for you :)

Ole Miss Mom said...

Hey Melodye! I'll be praying for you! Let me know if I can help out and you can drop the kids off here! Seriously!!

Happi said...

Hang in there, friend! This too shall pass is such a trite phrase, and yet is so true. I find that when I get into those "spaces" I turn on the praise and worship and somehow the clouds seem to dissipate and it drives those nasty attacks away. I will be praying that you feel better soon and can rejoice in the "SONlight."
Blessings,
Happi

P.S. Never feel bad about being where you're at. If you get a chance, listen to the song, "Stained Glass Masquerade." It's by Casting Crowns. My goodness, if we can't be real with our fellow sisters in Christ, who can we talk to??? And how would we find support? We're here for you and have ALL been there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, you can drop the kids off here, too. I know it's a really long drive, but I promise I'll put all the permament markers away.

I hope that one made you smile. Rmember I'm the mommy with the precious daughter who gave me lots of stories to tell :)

Love ya!

MorningSong said...

Thanks Ginger! That did make me laugh!

Thank you and Lindsay for offering to take my kiddos! :)

The kids had just gone down for a nap when I posted this and their Praise Baby CD was playing. I just cried as I listened to it and I felt a little better. Over the last hour I have truly felt a lot better. Not so heavy! Thank you all for your prayers! I really want to get out of this little yucky rut! It just doesn't make sense. Anyway, thanks to you all!

Renee said...

Praying for you!!

Momma Roar said...

Hey there girlie - Know that prayers are being lifted for you and I am sending cyber hugs your way!

Love you friend!!

Just Mom said...

Sending prayers and love your way. Can you feel them? :-D

I hope you don't feel as if you're struggling with this by yourself. There are others (including me) who go through it. Oh! It's OK to take a break from blogging once in a while. *gasp*

Thinking of you.

Amber said...

I get like that a lot. I think it's when we get overwhelmed. The best thing that helps me out of it is praying AND writing a letter to the LORD. I know that may sound funny, but it helps...me anyway. I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless,
Amber

Glass Half Full said...

So sorry to hear about your funk. I've had those moments especially after my sons were born. It's hard for others to REALLY understand those blue feelings....but thankfully God does!!! Praying for ya....

Lori

MorningSong said...

Thank you all for your kind words and your prayers!!!!!! I ended this day with a victory! We went to church tonight and I went for prayer. It felt like a weight was lifted from me! I knew I was being attacked, spiritually, but I just couldn't shake my icky feeling! Tonight was JUST what I needed! I also was thankful, and brought to the good tears, for all of the support and virtual hugs you sent me! I felt like I was surrounded by a team lifting me up! Thank you thank you thank you all!!

BethAnne said...

We have all been there and it stinks! I find that if I can just get myself out of the house with some friends and go to the mall or out to eat and have a good laugh things seem much better.

Lori said...

Sending prayers your way.

I have times like that too...where I just feel overwhelmed and when things go wrong I get down in the dumps too.