Thursday, February 28, 2008

Precious In His Sight


I was in a small group with ladies of all ages during the fall. There were College age girls, Young Marrieds, Moms like me, Moms of College age kids, Empty-Nesters and Grandmas. Quite a fun mix!! I enjoyed my time with all these ladies thoroughly. There was a great nugget of wisdom that was shared and I finally put it to use!

One Mom said that she wished she had encouraged her kids to pray on their knees at an early age. She wished they knew the importance of humbling yourself in prayer at a young age. I've meant to try this and haven't until Tuesday night. We pray with our kids each night but we haven't bowed on our knees to do it. Hubby or I usually pray for them after they are tucked in.

So Tuesday night was our first go of this knew adventure. JB was fussy and tired so I just had him repeat a prayer I prayed and then tucked him in (initially he said "No Mommy. I not pray." He has learned that he can say no and lately he practices saying no a lot). I didn't know what to expect with HC. I went to tuck her in and told her what we were going to do. She was thrilled! I closed my eyes and started to speak a prayer for her to repeat, before I could speak she began her own prayer!

My heart was full of love and I was beyond proud of my sweet girl. She told God how thankful she was for her family and she named us one by one telling God how much she loved us. She thanked God for our neighbors (we don't really know our neighbors) and prayed for them to have peace. She prayed for peace in our home and that God would help her and JB to not fight. She told God she trusted Him and loved Him and thanked Him for taking care of her. Amen. (Her prayer was way more detailed than this. I am summarizing.)

I was teary eyed! This was stored up in my baby's heart! This was not prompted by me at all! This was her little heart's cry!! I was amazed. We prayed again last night and she brought me to tears with her passionate and kind hearted prayer! She was thankful, loving, full of praise and humble. This is my baby's heart! I am amazed! I love that she loves God and I love that she is thankful and I love that she is caring! She is amazing! She is amazing! She is amazing! I love sharing this journey with her! She asked me "Mommy, why are you crying?" I said "HC, you are the best prayer I've ever heard! It makes me happy to hear you pray and it REALLY makes God happy!" She giggled and was beyond excited to have this moment with me. SHE thanked me for praying with her and teaching her and she told me "Mommy. You are the best teacher ever ever ever! You always teach me good things!"

What Mom wouldn't be proud of this?

5 comments:

Happi said...

Oh yes...sweet and tender moments like that keep us going for a good long time, don't they. Sounds like you needed that right about now. AMEN!

annieck said...

SO SO sweet!!!

Ole Miss Mom said...

I love those moments! Too sweet!

Anonymous said...

You got me crying on this one. You are such an awesome mom (daddy included, too) and you are teaching your children at a young age to come to know Jesus in a very personal way.

Way to go my friend! You should be proud!

It is so incredible how littles ones hearts can be so pure and innocent...oh, that they keep those virtues throughout life.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful moment!