Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Tweens

In between! Such a yucky place to be. I know it is a stage of life but that doesn't mean I like it! The tweens hit, of course, in those awkward pre-teen years and I was THRILLED to outgrow that stage. It appears to sneak up on you again when you least expect it. I am guessing it is a season. Great!

Big enough to do things but not big enough to do things. That's how I feel! There was a time when hubby and I had mentor couples in our lives. That led to a passionate search for God on our own that I would not trade for anything. But this stage... this one stinks!

I feel FULL of life giving information. I feel FULL of so many things yet without the direction of how or when to use it! Currently I vomit it out to anyone who dares ask a question I have the answer to. I have looked for a mentor couple for hubby and I but we haven't found that fit.

Wanna know what we are finding. I've found that I am no longer the gooey young girl just aching for someone to lead me. I want a mentor, I know I need it, but I see others around me (younger girls) giggling in awe of the information these ladies are sharing with them. That isn't me anymore!

I feel like I now have experiences with God and I don't hang on to the stories of others like I used to. I have kids - I'm pretty busy with real life these days! I want my security blanket of a mentor again but it seems that doesn't fit me right now. I totally know I always need someone more experienced in my life to pour life into me, but at the moment that lady has not appeared! So here I remain.. big enough yet not big enough! What a yucky feeling!

4 comments:

Happi said...

Just for the record, I think you're doing a fantastic job with your kids and family. As I read your blog, you sound like a woman with wisdom, maturity in Christ, and a woman many of us would look up to or seek to emulate. Perhaps, my dear, the Lord is using YOU as a mentor!
Blessings!

Momma Roar said...

Our church just set up a mentor program. I didn't sign up for it though - there is something I like more about my bloggy mentors - they don't know the people involved when it comes to a problem and so that doesn't get in the way. Does that make sense?

You are a wonderful role model in the bloggy world!! Thanks!

Rachel Harris said...

I so know what you mean! Right now, I am using my blog word friends for the inspiration, encouragement and mentorship that I am needing. I hope to be doing the same with a few others as well. In this season of life, I am learning that it is hard to reach out to flesh and blood couples near me, as they usually want to meet during the day (when their children are in school) and that is just not right for us now.
Oh, and I checked out your other blog but quickly closed it.... I have it on my to-do list to learn how to sew a button, a simple hem and mending, but right now I can do NONE of that! Your blog looked too intimidating... but it did look good :-)
Blessings
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I sure hear you on this one. I have been there and had the empty and longing feeling.

Hang in there my friend, God will supply.

Like Leigh Ann I have found amazing women in the blogging world who cause me to grow constantly. I also have a wonderful friend who is slightly older which I work with. I didn't even realize her role in my life at first, but she has been a God send.