Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A time to pray

Hello all! I am finally feeling my strength return from my stomach bug episode. I despise being sick and I am beyond thankful that my family is usually well.

There are two issues that are on my heart today. A co-worker of my husbands is going through a battle. Her husband had back surgery 3 weeks ago and since the surgery he has not been the same. He forgets common things like how to drive home. He seems as though he is not himself. The examples can be so misunderstood that I won't share anymore but it seems like her husband of many years has disappeared before her eyes.

I cannot imagine the weight of the world she must feel. I am sure not many can understand the levels of warfare she is facing. She is a woman of faith and I know she must war with the thought that this could be forever. She trusts that God is her deliverer but I know she must war with the how will this change?

I pray for Linda now. I pray for Benny now.
Abba Father,
We come to you right now and lift up Linda and Benny. They are in a war zone for Benny right now and we know you see the details that we cannot. I ask you to surround Linda right now with your supernatural comforter. I pray that you will continue to envelope her in the times that seem to be too much. I pray that you will give her discernment and show her the secrets of what is going on. Let her ask questions or answer the questions of the Doctors in such a way as to provoke them to see what is glaring everyone in the face.

We know that Jesus died on the cross and that by His stripes we are healed. We call Benny healed. We know that with You Abba healing is perfection. You can bring Benny's body into complete alignment with Your Word and that includes a fully restored mind! We call Benny healed in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen and Amen!

Another area that has really troubled me lately is the anger of the youth. Seeing the videos of those girls attacking one another on the news is crazy. In the past when I've seen such acts of violence I immediately felt a sort of fear for my kids. This time I know we are in warfare for the youth of this country. There is a rage among them. We need to call out to Father God for their souls. Hurting people hurt people.

Father God,
We come to you on behalf of the youth of America. We repent for their rage. We take responsibility for letting them down. We do as Daniel did and we repent for their sin. We ask you to deliver the youth of America from this rage and from the pain that follows when someone is attacked. We pray that you would draw these kids by your Holy Spirit to You! We pray that you would continue to reveal attempts to cause massive deaths among our schools. We pray that you protect our kids. The ones who are ours and the ones who are not. They are ALL ours! We claim their lives for Your Kingdom. We claim their hearts for Your purposes. We call them the head and not the tail. We say that the ripple affects of pain would end today! That the victim would not become the attacker. We claim that the cycle of anger and fear and isolation would end and that these experiences would be replaced with the very peace of God. We ask for the peace of God to rule and reign and we see Satan fall like lightning from heaven! We see this cycle end today! You are victorious and you cause us to be victorious! We thank you and praise you for ending this cycle of rage in America! In the mighty name of Jesus! Amen!

6 comments:

The Maggio Family said...

i LOVE the pics of the family. they are great. i agree about the girls acts of violence--hate it!

Joyfull said...

This is my first visit here and I love your blog! My heart is in agreement with your prayers. Thank you! Love the pictures.

Just Mom said...

"We ask for the peace of God to rule and reign and we see Satan fall like lightning from heaven!"

Amen!


Praying for your hubby's co-worker and family, too.

Simply Stork said...

I too will pray...

~simply~

Momma Roar said...

Yes, let us pray together!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

AMEN morning song.

Lifting up your friends and the state of our youth.