Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What a full day!

What a day we've had! Our day began with celebrating a birthday with our friend Josiah. The kids had a blast running and playing outdoors again. They were having fun reuniting with great buddies. Our recent visits to the park have been just me and the kids. They really savored playing with their buds again! These friends were friends we saw weekly for over a year, so it was doubling great to see them all at the park! The kids were enjoying themselves and I was too - so no pictures of this fun day!

We left the park to rush home for a small group. JB had a quick nap on the way to our birthday party, but otherwise the kids were void of rest and the usual routine. We made it home to throw on their bathing suits and grab their towels. We arrived at another friend's house and the kids ran to splash away in the kiddie pool. Once everyone arrived it was so nice to see the JOY of kids running, laughing, playing, jumping, splashing - just utter JOY! I wished to be a kid again for just that moment! No worries, no cares - just play! Nah, I wouldn't trade a minute of my life! It's been a roller coaster at times but I cherish every moment. Every layer of triumph or pain has shaped me into I am today. I like my life, it suits me!

Anyway, the kids swam and jumped away on the trampoline! What a fun time!! I really wish I would have picked up my camera to photograph this moment! It was so fun! All the Mommies visited while the babysitters watched our angels play! (Gotta love having babysitters around while you chat with friends!) After our "meeting" - the kids were like zombies. SO tired. SO exhausted! SOO not willing to admit either fact! We drove home to take baths, to eat and to rest. Ahhh... there is no other feeling like coming home after a BUSY day!

On another note, I have been telling HC we swim in the summer and not the spring. She has made it her daily duty to ask me "Is it summer yet mom?" I have been telling her it is not summer yet, but now - she has gone swimming in the spring! I guess my answer is no longer good enough. Now she will begin the banter of when we will pull out our kiddie pool again. It seems that will be sooner than I expected!

The best news of all is my sweet nephew arrived this morning! He arrived around 11 am!! I am busting! I cannot wait to see him with my own eyes. I planned on seeing him in June, but I just don't think I can wait that long! I need to hold him and smell the sweet baby smell! For now, I can only look at the pictures (via phone pics) and patiently wait for my turn to see him! {sigh} I hope to have pictures to share soon!

5 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Congrats to your brother and wife!!!!

I am ready for summer and swimming too!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Congrats on your new nephew. Days in the park are heavenly!

Stephanie Drew said...

congrats on the new addition to the family...and the realization that even though we say things (summer not spring) our children are a sweet reminder that you never know where you'll find fun and exceptions!

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

congratulations!!!!!!!

annieck said...

We had lots of fun with you guys!
CONGRATS on the nephew!!!