Last week hubby had to go to Panama City for a business trip. We packed up the van and we all piled in for a week of fun. We stopped at the Florida rest stop for some OJ and a stretch - and then we were on our way again.
When we arrived we jumped into our swim suits - swam for about 30 minutes and then got dressed. It was dinner time and we were starved! After our meal we headed over to Ripley's for some tourist fun. The kids were excited to go inside this BIG ship!
One of the big highlights for the kids was this wall. Isn't it lovely?? :) This picture is with the flash....

And this is what we saw! They had to hit the planets and they would fly upward. They had SOOO much fun running back and forth along the wall chasing the planets.

And then they did the same with the jelly fish. They did not want to leave this display. The majority of the sights were lost on them but this wall was a hit!

Their next favorite (and I enjoyed this too) was this tunnel. I didn't take a shot without the flash but what happened was you walk across this bridge. The tunnel around you was spinning with a background of stars. When we first walked through this tunnel we were both carrying the kids. Although I saw the people in the tunnel struggling to walk I could clearly see the bridge was stationary. When it was our turn - about half way across the tunnel you feel as though you are completely turned upside down. I found myself - with JB in tow and holding on for dear life - holding the handrail for dear life. I was bent all the way over trying not to fall. IT WAS CRAZY! You KNOW you are not spinning but you feel like you are spinning! The kids did this one about 5 times - and hated to leave after that!

Our adventure was just beginning and the verdict thus far - fun fun fun!
4 comments:
FUN! It's so beautiful down there, especially since they've redone everything. Channing and I are hoping to get the boys down there in August. We shall see... :)
Glad you and your kiddos had a good time.
This sounds similar to a museum that we visited in Gatlinburg. What fun! I couldn't open my eyes through the tunnel though!
That museum looked AWESOME...I bet they loved it!
Oh, that looks like so much fun! TAG, you are it! I nominated you for a well deserved award!
Blessings!
Post a Comment