I will say that usually hubby and I will play a little nickel slots when we are out on a special trip .. but usually is once on our Honeymoon and then while we were in Puerto Rico. So... I guess when we go places for vacation and the machines are around - we are willing to play with about $20. There have been other times we've played (now that I think about it) - on a few trips to New Orleans and such. OK. So my normal instinct is "No, I could find other fun things to do with $20." But I always want to give the game a try anyway.
This time was the same. Hubby asked if I wanted to throw $20 away and I (out of boredom - in the early evening) agreed. We took the money to the machine of my choice and I did my usual. I pushed the proper button (some have levers to pull) and I don't know what happened but within about 5 minutes - I won. I walked with $81.80 - that is a win of $61.80!!!! I normally win at least $40 when I play but I hate the risk of it all. I think I am one of the weird ones who sees the $81.80 and I am satisfied. It isn't fun for me to push the button when I could walk away with guaranteed winnings. I have even gotten back up to my initial $20 before and cashed out! But this was my first BIG win! It was enough for me!!! Translation = all my spending money for the trip (gifts for the kids and things we wanted) were now on the winnings! I had more money for the things I wanted! WOOHOO!! I do not condone gambling people - unless you have self control and want to live on the edge a teensy bit! So here is my cha ching moment - I have no idea how I won! I am not gambling savvy I tell you, but I do like to win!Here are hubby and I on top of a tower in the rain forest! We walked up 98 steps to see this view.
Here was a bridge in the rain forest!
We took a mini-hike through the local rain forest, about 30 minutes. We drove through about 3 hours.
A waterfall!
Look at the size of this leaf!
Trees on the resort grounds!
Rarely have I seen a coconut tree with coconuts on it (I am so deprived)! This was the golf course on the resort.
I think there will be one more post of our time in Puerto Rico. We had fun - I still wish I had one more day of leisure!! :) It was so nice to have peace and quiet!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Winnings and More Sights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment