Wednesday was HC's official birthday and we took her to get her ears pierced. She has been watching Jon and Kate plus 8 with me in the afternoons and recently we watched as Mady's ears were pierced. Since then, HC has been talking about how she wanted her ears pierced too. We wanted to get this done on Saturday but we didn't want to exhaust HC nor did we want to end her birthday party with tears. :) So we chose to have her ears done on Wednesday.
HC was fully aware that it would sting and she may cry but she knew that after a short time she would be happy again (because that is what happened to Mady). Here is HC before the big moment: Here she is getting her ears prepped for piercing:
And here is her less than cheerful smile after it was all done. She did cry a bit more after this but once we had lunch she was fully recovered.
After lunch JB asked if we could ride the carousel and I had to say yes. (See HC is happy now!)
Here is my JB. Can I just say that my 3.5 year old little guy was a super hero during HC's birthday party on Saturday AND on Wednesday when we took HC to get her ears pierced. He stood quietly - I really didn't know he was there (except as his Mommy of course I KNEW he was there). He was so quiet and stayed close withOUT complaining or asking for anything. He was VERY concerned when HC was crying. "What's wrong with stister Momma? Is she OK? What did the lady do to her?" He was an angel!!!!! I was SOOOO proud of him!
When we checked the mail HC had a card and....
gift card waiting for her from Nana and PopPop. She had been telling them about this VeggieTale item she really wanted and so they sent her a card so she could buy it.
Here is HC making her purchase! She was so proud to have her very own money card!!!
And then later on JB fell asleep while we were on the road. With all the extras - like waiting on HC to be pampered on Saturday and waiting on her ears to be pierced on Wednesday and waiting on HC to purchase her gift - HE NEVER ASKED FOR A SINGLE THING NOR DID HE SAY "WHAT ABOUT ME?" OR "WHERE'S MY TOY?"!!!!! HE WAS SO BIG! He was glad to see HC enjoy her day! I pray HC can return the favor in February!! I hope she has it in her! We will see. At the end of it all he quietly fell asleep while running the roads.
That is the end of HC's big 5 year old adventures!!!!!!!!! No question that 5 was our biggest celebration yet - as it should be! Turning 5 is a big milestone; one that is worthy of remembering. Now back to the routine of life, but now it is with a 5 year old! :)
Friday, August 8, 2008
HC's Big Girl Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun day. I think I told you I am from Bham. I had my ears pierced at this same mall.:) I did go to the conference and heard the Wise ladies. I love My Father's World. I had never heard of it until the conference. We may check into it if Tapestry of Grace is too complex for us. Have a great school year!!
It has been the most wonderful experience to watch your little ones grow up right before my eyes. JB is looking so very grown up, wow!
The ear piercing thing is a very big deal. Hmm, funny how as older teenagers getting weird piercings becomes way too fun. Jenna has about 5 piercings in her ears in all different (weird) places. It's hard to image how much she cried when she was little and got her first earrings. Oh to go back to those days :)
Post a Comment