Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Happy Birthday Festivities!

My day began with HC giving me my birthday present. She colored two pictures for me. One is of many houses and the other is of reindeer. Such a sweet gift. I've been waiting for these homemade special gifts to begin. We've finally arrived at this stage of gift giving with the kids. Things from THEIR hearts... not the store bought stuff but the stuff they want to give. So precious! She was so proud and so was I!!!!After having a lazy morning (which I was glad to enjoy).... Hubby and the kids took me out for dinner! Oh.. and I cannot forget the fact that Hubby sweetly hijacked my blog to give me birthday wishes! He's the BEST!! :) Here is a glimpse of us having dinner: Suddenly I was the one to sit with... I think the Ice Cream treat had something to do with my popularity! My sweet girl swiped the cherry on top before the guys could finish the Birthday song!
Then I decided that my birthday wish was to go look at Christmas lights together. So we blared the festive Christmas music and enjoyed the sights. Here is one of the first cool houses we spy-ed.
This is the rest of that same house.
I do love to see the over the top houses but this one seems to be the one that I love most of all! The simple wreaths, boughs and white lights. Something about this is just so perfect to me!
Great sign!
This was the yard of a family friend. :) We were enjoying the nativity scene here.
HC loved this one. It was trimmed in bright colored lights. Very festive!
Here are our 2 enjoying the sights!
And JB's favorite was this house with the airplane and the runway! Really cool! The blade spun around and everything!!!
The day was a HUGE win! A great time with my sweet family! Who could ask for anything more? Thank you all for the birthday wishes - it was the icing on the cake for me!! Hope you all have a super Christmas with your families!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great birthday. The lights are fantastic and I'm thinking we need to take a drive with our kids when they are here and check some out.

Bless S's heart for leaving your a blog post. I already knew you were all the amazing things he listed, well except the Sugarbear part :)

I'm finally feeling better and hope to get your package in the mail on Friday. Call it a late Christmas/birthday gift or a 2009 surprise.

I'm looking out the window and wishing your kids were here to play with us in the snow. Ohhhh what fun we would have.

Merry
Christmas!

Just Mom said...

What a wonderful birthday, Melodye.

Wishing you an equally wonderful Christmas.