I'm thinking of taking a think-cation.
I'm thinking I just may think too much.
I need to be/do more and think less.
"Should I call so and so?"
"Did so and so REALLY mean such and such?"
"Should I have said that in a different way?"
"Did that offend someone?"
Unnecessary apologies abound.
"I hope I didn't sound stupid."
The list could go on and on and on and on. I try to be SO politically correct sometimes that I feel I'm not free to be me. "Does so and so believe in God? Will they be offended if I say 'I'll be praying for you?'" I also wonder if I interpret my internal dialogue versus really seeing what is going on around me. Like I think back to being younger and feel I was so meek and when I think about how I was with my friends... that is the LAST thing I was. I over thought myself so much that I felt meek (which translates into I was scared to say what I wanted to say b/c too worried I would be misunderstood) but I really wasn't ALL THAT MEEK. I was quiet and wanted to hear what others thought first, so I wouldn't offend them, but I was opinionated too and I wasn't a total wall flower.
I think I thought I was what I thought I was..... now THAT'S saying something... don't cha think?
So... all that to say - I am thinking of taking a think-cation. No more thinking. I will plan and be wise but I ain't thinkin' no more! I care about my friends and I care about my family.... if I say something that you don't agree with and/or misinterpret.... I'm expecting you to let me know. (But please be gentle with me when you tell me because I'm coming off one LONG binge of thinking and don't want to fall back into my addiction.) I'm done thinking that you think badly of what I say or do - unless you directly tell me so! So if you catch me thinkin' when you are near.... remind me of my 'think-cation'. This will be a tough thing to DO for a think-aholic. I will need your gentle reminders way more than I care to think about. So.... here we go.... think-cation starting.... NOW!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Think-cation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Think-aholic"...love it! I, too, am a "think-aholic". I just do all the thinking AFTER I say something. I'll go over it again and again in my mind, over-analyzing everything. It's a problem! :)
Enjoy your think-cation! :)
Post a Comment