Thursday, June 21, 2007

This Christmas will be FUN!

Ever since having my baby girl, all holidays and everyday has been more FUN!! I had the same experience when JB was born, they just bring another level of joy to everything. I enjoyed going to the store more, I enjoyed visiting with friends or family more and I enjoyed sleeping more. :) I just didn't realize how much I would miss sleeping. haha
Well, the past few Christmas' have been fun but my kids still lacked the complete understanding of what was going on. For instance, my husband's parents bought my daughter a great doll. It made drinking noises, said "Mama and Papa", it cried and laughed, it even made sleeping noises. Her response was, "I don't need anymore babies, I have one already." Well, I beg to differ - she has more than one. In fact, after she opened her first gift she said "I already opened my present, I don't need anymore presents." A part of me thought how great it was for her to be so content and thankful for the one gift. The problem was, all her aunts, uncles, cousins and her grandparents had gone to much effort to buy her presents. I wanted her to light up a little more. My son was more interested in gifts his cousin received than his own gifts. haha Oh the joys of Christmas.
Well, the other day my daughter came up to me and said "Mom, I want a house. You know? The purple one? You know? It has a tower that goes up, up up? I want that house." I got online, like any good blogging mommy would, and went to Toys R Us and found this:

I asked HC, "Is this what you mean?" She started jumping up and down, "Yes, Mommy that's it that's it!!! I need that for Christmas this year."

Being a lover of Christmas, this just thrills me. She is going to be tons of fun this year!! She has a little anticipation of what's to come. I don't mean for her or JB to be present or object oriented. I am glad that they are both thankful and content. I pray that will continue to be a strong character trait they display. We place a HIGH value on keeping Christ at the center of this holy day. But Christmas IS about giving and I just want to see the anticipation and thrill in her eyes like I had when I was her age. And guess what, this is my year for that!! What a great Christmas indeed. I am anticipating it too. Let the fun begin!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait for that!

It's amazing how much more meaningful Christmas is when you have a child!

I'm glad you took the time to point out that, while not the "true meaning of Christmas", there is still so much joy in the giving and receiving of gifts!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll!!

Looks like you are doing well. I see that Hannah still has her favorite blanket. Judah is 3 1/2 as well and still carries around his puppy! Tell Steve that Edwin and I say hello. Take care.

Jenni Williams

MorningSong said...

Oh Jenni!! So good to hear from you!!! Hannah does still have her blanket - I am in desperate need to find another. One is beginning to unravel and so we are down to one good one and one injured blank. I don't know when she will outgrow this but I don't want to be without the blank until that time comes. Maybe I should try weaning her from it?

It is great to hear from you and I hope to continue to keep in touch with you!!

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Christine said...

What a cutie! You know, we found a great way to keep Christ in the whole Christmas season. We use a book called the Advent Book and it's awesome. It's a book with one page for each day of advent and the pages each have a door to open with part of the Christmas story inside. Your kiddos will love to open the doors and hear the story. So Santa is only one day for us (we don't visit him or anything) and Jesus is all month!

Email me about the homeschooling thing and I'll give you my thoughts that way.

fruitinseason@yahoo.com

tallie lea said...

oh, we have the purple one with the tower that goes up up up. we love that thing! great choice h! talk to you later, the melodye. love, the tallie :)
i will email you about that dress!

Seister2 said...

I bet this year will be soo much fun! It makes me excited as well!!