Thank you all so much for lifting me in prayer! I have been fighting this little battle for several weeks (maybe a month). I knew it was an attack, I just couldn't do anything about it. At first, it was subtle, the "I don't know what is up but I feel awful" thing. Then as I began to really look at things I could clearly see it was an attack. The problem was I would get several mini victories and find the little sneaky snake returning for another round.
I began isolating more and more, and as a result I felt (get ready for a HUGE revelation here) disconnected! Ahem... Anyway, I could see what was happening and began to force myself to get back into the game with humans again. So, last night I went to church and during prayer time - I went up for prayer. I felt a relief immediately. I was not doing this alone. I had someone pray for me 2 weeks ago and felt better but this was one of those things you need someone to do the 'warfare' kind of prayer over you.
I wasn't intending on going for prayer, my heart WASN'T pounding out of my chest, but I decided if this couple I knew became available BEFORE prayer time was over - then I would go. They came open and I about ran to them. I could hardly tell them about my battle and they began praying. Since being in Alabama, it has been A LONG TIME since I have had anyone pray for me that KNEW me. I know God can and DOES work through strangers but I was in need of the kind of prayer that someone who knows you prays - the tell that devilish attack to go away kind of praying.
I felt such a release and as though 1000 pounds fell off of my shoulders. I felt light, free and awake again. Like the fog was lifted. I could see clearly again. I am so thankful for all you ladies, in my blog world, who lifted me up via your prayers and your kind (and silly Ginger) words. It was just the boost I needed. It was the lift that kept me from staying home. So thanks to you and thanks especially to my Father God who knows what I have need of before I do!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
A NEW day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Precious friend, the prayers will continue as we know the enemy loves to stay outside our door awaiting. We know our God is greater and the victory is YOURS. I am so thankful that you were strong and allowed your church friends to minister to you. They were the vessels that the Lord chose to use to work through to release you from this heavy load. You are right, it's a NEW day!
Thanks again for sharing your heart. There is not one of us that does not go through times where we struggle and have to fight through difficult times. As Christians we need to encourage one another. I'm so thankful we were able to love on you and lift you up. I know you would be doing the same for any one of us :)
Isn't that so GOD?! I'm sorry I didn't read your post yesterday! But God didn't need me, did He? Actually, I read a devotion yesterday that reminded me of this...
It was talking about how God just does little miracles like this for us, "He knows me by heart. He knows what I need even when I'm too timid or belligerent to ask for it." Isn't that great? He knows you by heart, Melodye!
I'm so happy you are feeling better and your prayers were answered. Our Heavenly Father takes care of us well, doesn't he?!
May the Lord continue to bless your precious heart.
God Bless,
Amber
Oh goodness, I had no idea. I will keep you in my thoughts and my prayers. You have had so much change around you, I am so glad to hear your post today and that you were more positive. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. OK?
- Audreyh
God is so good to us. He always knows just what we need just when we need it. :)
Hey! I'm catching up here! Sorry you were feeling blue, but I'm so glad you're better now!
God is so good!! :)
Lori
I've been a bad commenter lately, but I am so glad that you are feeling better! I have been there where you don't want to be around anyone but you need to be around someone and you need to pray but the enemy tells you it won't help. UGH!
Anyways! Glad you are feeling better and that God got you through it!!!! He is so good, huh!
Post a Comment