Goodbye #1 ranking. Goodbye. It has been a nice ride but tonight we must part ways. May the next #1 team lose miserably after this honor is bestowed upon them. May my Tigers continue the remaining season with win after win. May my Tigers continue to stand strong. LSU. My dear LSU. You fought hard, but Hester was injured one play too soon. Three overtimes and injury upon injury held us back from another 'W'! The sting of an 'L' on the record is too much to bear, but we must..... we must go on!! We must fight each game as though we ARE #1.
Even with a loss, my heart still screams.... LSU, LSU. Tiiiigers. Fight Fight FIGHT!!!!
9 comments:
:-(
i mourn with you. but you have much more mercy than i. they played like a team wanting to lose, and they lost. maybe this will be their wake up call, and we can celebrate wins the remainder of the season.
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
I feel your pain...well, kinda. Bama has lost a little (ok, a lot!) more than LSU and hasn't been #1 in quite a while; however, I know what if feels like to lose.
That was a great game! I have to say, I was pulling for UK big time, but as you pointed out, when you're at the top, everyone wants you to fall (when you pointed out that the next #1 team should miserably lose);).
We'll be watching every Saturday and will probably be hoping that more top 5 teams lose. Pitiful, isn't it? :) Currently, I'm hoping Auburn eats Arkansas' dust! Go Razorbacks!!!
Honestly, I'm just hoping that sometime in the near future, Alabama can get back to its winning tradition.
Again I must say, ISN'T COLLEGE FOOTBALL WONDERFUL?! It's always full of surprises and thrills at every down, quarter, and game! I mean, if you had told me at the beginning of the season that South Florida would be ranked 5th, I would say you're crazy!
Love ya!!!
Annie
Annie,
Alabama??? Really??? I thought you were a Ga. fan all the way??? I am shocked. I could feel your mean wishes towards my team as we began our descent. I can say that I will learn to forgive you over time. But for now - you stink! haha
College football IS fun! :)
I support Georgia with Channing, but I'm a Tide girl!
Alas, I mourn tonight also. Auburn won. :( Oh well. What can I do. I yelled for the hogs all I could. I offered my coaching advice and pointed out all their errors; all to no avail.
I wouldn't fret too much over your beloved tigers' loss, I'm sure they'll come back stronger and better than ever (to my dismay). ;)
Have a FANTASTIC night!!!
Annie
Ohhh, Melodye...I thought about you yesterday! My prediction: No one will end the season undefeated. At least that's what I'm hoping for as a WVU fan.
Here's to our teams! We'll never give up and we'll never stop cheering! :)
awww, Mel, I must say that I was thinking about you last night and the Tigers fall from grace. I'm sorry. But what in the world kinda play-calling was that??? How 'bout passing the ball to get it IN the end zone???
Gee whiz! I was going nuts and I'm not even an LSU fan.
Sorry for you and LSU, but all I have to say for now is...
Go Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof Woof Woof!
Love ya!
I am not a LSU fan, but I felt so bad for the quarterback at the end of the game. I know it must have been a tough loss for him.
I was thinking of you the whole time we were watching the OT's!
Post a Comment