Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Here is a peek at our holiday! This was the first Thanksgiving we celebrated without our family. We put a lot of thought into how we could make Thanksgiving special, since family was not near. We decided to start the day off with initial pancakes. Definitely a unique start to our day.

My son isn't up for dressing up, no matter how mild. He has no desire to accomodate my hopes for a cute picture in our paper hats.
The kids had fun making their turkey's.



The kids always enjoy rough housing with Daddy. They constantly tackle one another and we had a casualty. HC hurt her lip. It was bleeding so badly but it was a small knick. Poor sweetie!!
We played a few games. The kids had a blast playing charades!!!! Connect 4 was a hit too, they enjoy blocking one another and both forget to make 4 in a row. Oh well, at least they had fun!!
We had our Turkey and fixin's. The kids were allowed to eat on plates like us. No plastic plates on this special day. The sippie cups filled with water were pushed aside and they were thrilled to drink tea out of our coffee cups.
And that is what we did for Thanksgiving!!! It wasn't the same as Thanksgivings past, but I think we did fill our day with fun memories!!



post signature

7 comments:

Just Mom said...

I love these ideas. Those initial pancakes are so clever.


BTW ... your daughter has a very nice pencil grip there. YAY! My son is finally getting the hang of holding a crayon/pencil "correctly."

annieck said...

I love it!!! It looks like ya'll had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! The initial pancakes were precious and a very fun idea. :)
I think you guys did great, and it's evident the kids had a great day. :D

Anonymous said...

What a special day! I bet your kids thought the day was perfect!

Short Stop said...

You made it so special...love those ideas!

This was the first Thanksgiving we spent without family, too!

Momma Roar said...

Great job Mom!!

Anonymous said...

We really missed you guys at our table this year, hehe.

Great pictures as always.

Sorry about H's lip. I would always be yelling, "Be careful you guys. Someone is going to get hurt!" They would just laugh and wrestle even more with daddy...until someone got hurt :(

Happi said...

Looks wonderful. : ) what adorable pictures and a creative mommy!

On a different note, it looks like LSU's loss is our gain...Bo Pelini has been named head coach of our Huskers. I'm sure you've already heard that. Best of luck at the bowl game. Congrats!