Saturday, March 1, 2008

Falling and Wailing

My son just fell. Again! Not to mention that over the past two days my daughter and son have begun fighting. OK. Some will say - that is how kids behave. But my kids do not! Yes. They have their daily spat, which is usually a misunderstanding, but we never have DAYS of arguing! I hate how our home feels right now. It feels so rocky.

JB has fallen about 10 or more times over the last few days. HC has too, only 5 or so times. So if they are not in WW3 then they are wailing because of a new injury. Don't be too concerned about them being injured. The falls usually occur while they are on their hands and knees playing on the floor. How can you fall in that position? Well, I guess it isn't a fall but they crash their head into the wall while playing. (As if they forgot we have walls in the house.) We're talking big hits! Then there is the walking across the room and BAM they fall!

Needless to say there has been much wailing and much strife in our home over the last few days. As JB just fell again I realized we get clumsy at times in our lives. The kids appear to suddenly be just that! Clumsy! It kind of reflects what I feel inside! Clumsy. Growth spurt maybe? I guess we are all growing! I'm glad to grow but I do not like the frequent falls!

I guess none of us (in our family) fit ourselves right now. We are all growing. I am outgrowing the comforts of feeling I fit my life and they are outgrowing their little bodies. Falls are necessary but it's never fun picking yourself (or your babies) off of the floor again! Not fitting what I was before but not knowing what to do next is quite disappointing! I am sure my kids do not understand this inner struggle yet, but it is clearly wrecking havoc with their little bodies right now! Thank God this is only a temporary experience and not the way of daily life!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you will find the kids going through periods of pure joy and times of struggles. Because the enemy is constantly at work our human and sinful nature rises up and causes strife. You are a wise mother to see what is happening in your home. I know you are praying for strife to leave and peace to be in control.

As for you, the season of searching is a difficult one to be in. I promise you will look back and find that this is a time that you grew and stretched brining you to a new level which is bigger and greater than where you have been.

I know you are waiting and trusting. You are amazing my friend! Praying for His revelation in your life today.