We began our journey to see family last week with two eager movie watchers! (Don't you just love the portable DVD players?) After many hours we finally saw this sign telling us we were almost there!
Usually our trips to Baton Rouge are full of visits to friends and family. Since this was a last minute trip, many of our friends were busy celebrating Easter with their families. This gave us the free time to do something we've been wanting to do over the last few years. We finally took our two little Tigers to LSU campus. What a fun time we had exploring the beautiful grounds. HC was on campus when she was about 3 months old but she has no idea! haha This was JB's first time ever and HC's first time to actually walk around. Fun Fun Fun!
From what I hear, Mike the Tiger is usually a busy Tiger. Unfortunately we arrived at his nap time. I did catch this shot! :) His home is top notch! He really has a great place to run and play. After seeing Mike the kids both wanted to see the rest of the animals in the zoo. We explained this was the Tiger for LSU and not the zoo (only one mascot is necessary)! They each wanted a mini-Mike to bring home and we journeyed on.
OH how I miss the Oak trees. There is nothing like a beautiful HUGE GINORMOUS OAK TREE. Can you see the kids??
HC running along the parade grounds towards the Law School Building.
JB and Dad hitting a few baseballs! I can almost hear the announcer now "Next up to bat for LSU is JB".
We did many more fun things but the battery died in my camera! Can you believe that? There are two small hills that they call the Indian Mounds. The kids had a blast rolling down "the sand hills" as they said. (Anyone familiar with THAT Wiggles song??) hee hee We walked the quad and the kids made loud echoes and climbed trees. We had so much fun sharing our Alma Mater with our two! Can't wait to take them to a home game!!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Let's Roll!
Posted by
MorningSong
at
10:16 AM
Labels: Family Fun, LSU Football, See, Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That tree is amazing. I'm not sure I've ever seen a tree like that.
Glad you had a great time. The photos are awesome.
I agree. That tree is AMAZING! The rest, I can do without. ;)
Glad you guys had lots of fun!!! :)
Post a Comment