We met 2 super heroes and another girl friend at the zoo a few days ago. It seems most of our friends are little boys and when we meet another family with a daughter close to HC's age it is a BIG win! :) HC can hang with the boys but.... my girl is a girlie girl! We began our journey of exploring the zoo with the kangaroo's. We've seen them before but we went during feeding time and they were not hidden. There were at least 10 within easy view. There was a lady with a kangaroo hide for us to touch and the hide was surprisingly soft. I thought it would be soft but not THAT soft! HC asked the lady how they got the skin off of the kangaroo. She told her that it came from a kangaroo that had already died. But I was surprised that HC picked up on that.
I LOVED this shot of the Alligator. All that we could see were eyes and nose.
Then.. after much exploring - we came to the butterfly garden. JB was stuck with me because of a prior incident. All the others ran ahead but since JB was with me.. something cool happened...
This yellow butterfly landed on his water cup and stayed there. I told JB the butterfly thought his cup was his mommy since they matched colors. He giggled watching this butterfly. We were given specific instructions to NOT touch the butterflies. So JB had his hands back so he would be careful.
There was a baby giraffe~~ I love giraffes!
And doesn't this giraffe have beautiful spots!?!
Zebras are another of my favorite animals. I know.. you've seen all these animals before but I cannot resist another picture. So bear with me!
They were feeding this White Tiger! It was so neat to see him up and about!
After all that exploring it was off to the water park!
Very refreshing!
Too bad Mommies do not have a place to cool off. Oh well. It was a nice day at the zoo and it wasn't scorching hot! Best of all .... it was time shared with new friends!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Zoo Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks again for inviting us! We had fun and can't wait to see you again tomorrow! :)
i'm so sad i couldn't go..looks like fun!
Post a Comment