Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Our New Year's Eve was so fun. We had a date night and so did HC and JB. They went to play with friends while we had dinner out. They had SO much fun on their night out - they read the Gingerbread Man and baked Gingerbread cookies (something I do not do enough of - baking). They were so excited. They were not ready to leave once the night ended. We arrived too early according to all involved. They had changed into PJ's and were getting ready to watch Frosty and partake of their cookies when we barged in and ruined the fun. It was definitely a fun night for HC and JB!
We had a great night out - we ate Thai food for the first time. I even had almost sushi and all! Great fun! The best part of all was the company - totally a fun group (we missed you and your hubby Ashley!).
The other side of the table.
New Year's 2009 was very unique for the MorningSong family. Normally our New Year's Day is a lazy day of hanging out. This year we chose to bring order to our storage unit. There are SO many things I haven't seen, with my own eyes, in three whole years. It was time to bring order and purge a bit. After the storage purging we caught a late lunch and headed to another unique event. We played our first ever game of Monkey Ball. We had never heard of the game until New Year's Eve - we were invited to play a game and we had a great time! Here's a pic of Steve and JB learning the art of throwing monkey balls.
Steve testing his skills. JB waiting for a turn.
My boy LOVES to join in the fun - all sports all the time!
HC didn't have as much skill - and she was quite OK with that!
JB trying to help me figure this game out. I lost 2 games back to back. I need to practice and who knows - I may be a monkey ball superstar before ya know what hit ya! (And yes - if I am around with monkey balls - you may want to DUCK!)
HC had MUCH more fun playing in the leaves and digging in the dirt - and basically playing with the other kids! So fun!

So far our 2009 is proving to be a bit unusual but unexpectedly FUN! I can deal with a year like this. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Happy New Year to you!! Looks like lots of fun stuff going on down there!!

We've played that game before, but up here, we call it Amish Golf or Redneck Golf - LOL!!!

MorningSong said...

I've also heard people call it (in the last 24 hours mind you) Lawn Golf and Cajun Golf. So - it depends on where you're from. The game has many names. Who knew?! There is an official tournament and everything. It was a fun way to relax and enjoy the company of friends. I have no complaints.

Happy New Year MommaRoar.

Just Mom said...

A belated Happy New Year to you and your family. We're looking forward to a great year.