I wanted to share a little added fun we are having at bedtime now. Click here if you want the previous scoop. By the way, we do start off with everyone sitting during storytime but then one moves in and the other can't see and then they are both standing. I guess this is a good sign that they enjoy storytime.
So now, after story time and rocking and singing to one lullaby each, we hear pitter patter, pitter patter the length of our second floor. Over the last few months my son has fought a stuffy nose and even though he is well now, he is using every little idea he has to manage a few more moments of freedom. So we venture upstairs to find this in his sweet little grubby paws:
To you this means nothing. To us this is... the NOSE bag.
It includes all the normal torture devices. But the favorite is this one:
You say Vicks, we say nose. My daughter has a knack for renaming common household items and it just sticks. So needless to say, we put a touch of vicks, aka 'Nose', on his lip below his nose and all was well. I know you are supposed to put it on the chest but we always put it on the upper lip area when noses are really stuffy. Now we have to slowly lessen the dots until he realizes he is now able to breath again.
2 comments:
I used to do the same thing when I was a kid (with the vick's, that is). Their storytime routine is so cute!
And as far as your 3.5 year old, it's probably a phase, though not a nice one. My daughter, who's 4.5 now, had an awful time from 3.5-4. Temper tantrums, whining, etc. and it would seem like she behaved well for everyone but me! I would take it so personally until I realized that it wasn't meant personally. I might mention to your neighbor that she's going through a negative time with you and that you'd prefer if she didn't go along with the game because it causes temper tantrums later. It is a phase that will pass, but my pediatrician even said 3-4 is a tough year!! Good luvk and sorry about your bad day!!
Vicks is good stuff!!!
Post a Comment