Monday, May 28, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Click this picture if you are interested in joining the fun with Menu Plan Monday.

I trust all of you will have a great time visiting with your friends and family today! I pray those who've lost their loved ones, to a life of Military Service, will be comforted this day! I also pray for those of you with family serving our Military now - I pray God will watch over your loved ones and bring them home safe!!


I am glad I started this new meme (?) last week. It really has kept me ahead of my meals. Plus it leaves me wanting to find new recipes, some of you ladies have awesome recipes. My menu is not as vast as many of yours. This is my second Menu Plan Monday, so here goes:

Monday - Hubby will cook on the grill!!
Tuesday - Spaghetti - leftover from last week.
Wednesday - Ravioli Florentine
Thursday - Tacos
Friday - Leftovers from above meals.
Ravioli Florentine Recipe:
  • Puree' one medium sized yellow onion with 10 slices of smoked bacon in a food processor.
  • Add one tablespoon of fresh garlic to onions.
  • Sautee' in pan, when onions brown, add 2qts. of chicken stock, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and two quart of heavy whipping cream. Bring to a roll then turn to simmer.
  • Whisk in one cup of grated parmesan cheese.
  • Add one cup blonde roux until desired consistency.
  • Serve sauce over cooked cheese ravioli and fresh baby spinach!

There will be plenty of sauce leftover for another meal, maybe two depending on the size of your family! This sauce does freeze well.

As my kids like to say 'Ta-da'. Mission Completion!! Bon Apetite!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow--great menu! Have a happy Monday.

mkron@cox.net said...

Hey, haven't looked in a while and totally enjoyed it. Glad to see all is do well. I will have to try your recipe - looks good! I am the crock pot queen lately. Did you know you can even do desserts in that thing!!!

Sandra said...

Your menu sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing.

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Kathryn said...

Your menu looks good. I have to try the sauce recipe soon....sounds yummy. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment at my blog

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

I love this! I think I might do this to on my blog

Helen said...

Looks awesome! That sauce looks delicious!