My friend Amber posted this today and then notified me that I had the virus. Please check your blog and be sure you are not carrying this virus! My friend Amanda asked me what was wrong with my blog this morning, but I was not aware of this until just now. So here is what Amber found and I did this to my blog and it worked.
"I am going to try to explain this the best way I know how, please bear with me.
There's a nice little blog virus lurking in Bloggy Land, if you notice your site or someone elses taking a year and a day to load there maybe a script d5d1.com in your template (in the HTML section), if so DELETE IT (ONLY what I highlighted in RED)!! It looks something like this:
<*head*>< *script* src*=*' http:*//d5d1*.com/b'/*>
your code, then
<*body*><*script* src='*http://d5d1*.com/b'/*> without the (*)
Don't delete the head or body, JUST the scripts!!!
To find it press Ctrl + F, type d5d1 and it should highlight.
Be sure to PREVIEW your template before saving!!!!
Also, if you go to someone's blog that does have it, I hate to say this, but do not comment. Try to find a way to let them know, because you could get this virus, even if you deleted it from your blog already supposedly get it again.
If you need more help, I'm not very html/css savvy, but I'll do my best."
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Blog Virus
Posted by
MorningSong
at
10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I'm glad I could help:) Thanks for spreading the word!
0:) Amber
Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm going to work on it today.
I checked my template -- nothing appeared. I noticed my blog running slow yesterday, so maybe Blogger fixed it for me? Anyway, it's fine now! :) Thanks.
Oh, wow. Who knew blogs could get sick, too?!
Our blog is acting a little funky today, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it... maybe because it's Wordpress, the "remedy" is a little different?
Ugh, technology!!!
Jane, P&B Girls
I'm glad we found this out! I was having trouble getting to everyone's blog! So happy to see you all again!
K
where do you find this in your computer?!
help, please (smiles)
help!
where do you find this info on your computer?
Click on your customize, select your template tab and then the Edit HTML tab. Then press Ctrl F then type in d5d1 and then press enter. Be sure to only delete the info highlighted in red. If it is not found then you do not have the virus. Good luck anonymous! I hope this helps.
hi, there
sorry if this seems too simple but where do you find the customize button...thank you
jen
Customize is on the top right of your blogger page (it says customize, sign out, etc). If you have your blog open and are looking at it, it should be in the top right border of your blog. If you do not use blogger then I have no idea!
Post a Comment