Friday, October 26, 2007

You should never (**updated**)



You should never come home, after a few hours to yourself and expect things to go right on schedule. Because your kids will wake up from their naps hungry (they chose not to eat before they took the nap) and fussy.

You should never let your son decide to p*tty train, on an off afternoon, when his sister is unusually fussy. If she is whiny and wanting to be held at every moment, p*tty training can be tricky. (I am more than thrilled to begin this milestone, we have been waiting anxiously to begin the process. I am glad JB felt like trying and did great!! One accident in 4 hours time. He went to the potty a total of 4 times, once he began using the p*tty. I actually ALMOST offered him a diaper because I was so not in the mood to do this now! But I fought the urge and we ended the night with a win. We are eager and ready to start the process again today.)

You should never expect to sit down while p*tty training a 2.5 year old and dragging a 4 year old behind you. Your son (2.5 year old) will need constant supervision to make sure he remains dry in between trips to the p*tty. Your daughter (4 year old) will just drive you crazy at some point while this event is under way. You will want ear plugs - but not have them. You will want water proof undies (without the irritating plastic pants) but you will need to chase the toddler around like a shadow in hopes he stays dry.

You should never try to figure out how to fix a few email/blog kinks while trying to feed your kids and get them settled for bed. The phone will ring, your son will need to try to go p*tty and your daughter will cry that she isn't hungry. Once the meal is over your daughter will then cry because "she is even MORE hungry". You will be forced to demand her to put on her PJ's and get ready for bed, when you really want to comfort her. You will then realize your daughter MAY need to see the Pediatrician since you cannot figure out what all the whining is about.

You should never think this will not happen to you, because..... it might! :) All this happening while your hubby is at a meeting. LIFE happens when you least expect it, but that is what makes it fun! Right??
UPDATE
You should never think that was the end of the story. I posted this last night for today and the story did not end there. HC has had an on again off again fever all week - so yes - pediatrician appt today. She had a virus Saturday - Sunday for 24 hours. Now, back to last night!

You should never think you are out of the clear because the kids are asleep. JB woke vomiting twice. Can you believe he tried to p*tty train feeling sick??? I am amazed. So, since we are going to the pediatrician already... JB will be seen too! It is the worst not feeding your kids when they are hungry but you are not sure if their tummy is ready or not!

post signature

10 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Oh girl - LOL - I'm so glad you don't let life bog you down! And that you can keep smiling despite it all.

Cheryl said...

Oh I so loved reading your post this morning. I have a son that is 18 (still in the bed, no college today)and a daughter that is 16 (getting ready for school). I remember the training days. You need to put into a journal the things that you are writing about them now so that when they are older they can read it. When my children read something about themselves that I had written they just smile. That smile is worth a million bucks! Like the cute little smile your baby is giving in his picture after a good poop!That is priceless! God Bless!

Momma Roar said...

Oh goodness - I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Will say some prayers - especially for mom!

Ole Miss Mom said...

Melodye!! I'm so sorry! We went through that a couple of months ago!! It stinks! I hope they are feeling better!

Ole Miss Mom said...

Oh Melodye! I'm so sorry! I hope they feel better! We went throught the throw up virus a couple of months ago!!

See you soon!!

Lindsay

ohAmanda said...

Poor little things! And poor you!!

annieck said...

Bless your heart! Just when you think you've got them figured out, everything changes! I hope things and the kids have gotten better!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad His mercies are new every morning. Hang in there! Keep me posted on my little ones :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh girl...what a day. Yes, life is rarely the way we plan it, huh?

Hope everyone is healthy soon!

Amber said...

Awwww....I hope she's feeling better.

God Bless,
Amber