Saturday, January 26, 2008

New words of wisdom

Two new favorite quotes in two days! My newest favorite is from a new book I picked up today (for a small group I am attending). The book is Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel.

"My children aren't perfect, but neither are yours. If we ever run into each other's children on the streets let's not judge each other as bad parents. Let's give one another the benefit of the doubt!"

Sounds like a great deal - any takers???

6 comments:

annieck said...

LOVE it!!! I'm a taker!

MorningSong said...

Glad you both are in!! Me too! It is so easy to lose perspective when going about our day!

I thought this scripture (the scripture of today) was worthy of remembering too -
"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” (James 4:10)

I want God to lift us up as we are humble before Him and among our peers!!

Anonymous said...

great post! this is the site i'm looking for. i will definitely include you to my blogroll.

i've been wanting to connect with fellow Christian bloggers and i'm glad to find your site.

if you have time, please get a copy of my ebook on Rediscovering Your Intelligence from my site. thanks and blessings!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh girl, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that book. You will find yourself absorbing it. Lisa is so great and so real.

I am in! Let's humble ourselves so that we may glorify HIM!

Renee said...

I LOVE this book. Since I read it several years ago I always have it handy. It is very practical and I have used many of her tactics over the years. Great quote!

Tracey said...

Sounds like a plan! Words of wisdom! Hope all is well with you, my friend! Just stopping by for a quick visit...

Much love!
Tracey