I KNOW you may be tired of all the sewing posts but I can't help it!! I am so excited with my latest creations!! I know I went on and on about how tough the pattern was for the white blouse I made HC, but after take 2 I have a different perspective!!!!! This chocolate blouse (using the same pattern) was so much easier to make. I haven't made the blouse (not counting the white one a few days ago) since Easter last year. That shirt (I made 1 year ago) was made with an instructor helping me. So HC's white blouse was my first official go with that pattern on my own. I felt like it was super difficult, just like I did one year ago.
When I made this shirt - I had no trouble. I guess I needed to get my mind thinking differently with the collar and this time - no problems at all!! I didn't have to rip anything out AND it looks well made on the inside too!! The white one is all puckered and after more inspection there are spots that should be covered (gaps in fabric near the collar) that are exposed if you were to lift the collar. So, I think it just takes one awful go of it and take 2 is much better! I feel great about this outfit.
The pants are from the SewSensible pattern I mentioned on my last post!! SOOOO very very easy! My only problem was with the ruffle this time. This was not due to the pattern but to my fabric. It was too thick for me to make ruffles the usual way. I had to manually fold out my ruffle on this outfit. Once I figured that out, I attached the ruffle with the pattern going upside down, so I had to rip it out and do it again! :) The fun!! Once I righted that wrong the pants were fantastic! SEW easy!! LOVE it!!!!
The best part is my daughter, who hates wearing pants, runs around the house in these pants with great joy. She LOVES to twirl in them!!!! I plan on making a few more pair with leftover fabric, but I think I will make the next pair in capri length, instead of long pants.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Outfit #2. Done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute! You are quick!!
Not that quick really! I sewed the top last night and the pants today. The top still needs buttons! :) I didn't have them when I made the shirt.
It is easy to do projects back to back when it the final product is so cute! I won't tell you how many pill0wcase dresses I made in two days the week before Christmas! It is crazy!!!!!!
I saw it on HC today! Very cute! You must have sewn on buttons - I hate doing that part...it takes so long for me to sew buttons on! :-) I'll have to borrow your pattern one day! :-)
PRECIOUS!!!
Post a Comment