As you can see in the picture in my previous post, JB is "the same" with Steve. I had this post in save mode waiting to share our sweet story. When I began to do the finishing touches and post it, I suddenly felt the responsibility of ALL the times they both wanted to do things just like we do. So now I want to share the behind the scenes story of the photo I took of hubby and JB.
The last few times we dressed JB in pants with pockets he begins to walk around with his hands in his pockets. We were walking from the car to the restaurant Wed night before church several months ago. We normally hold JB's hand as we walk across the parking lot but that night JB told Steve (in a nice way) "I not hold you hand Dad. I hold my pocket." Steve agreed to this and they both walked with hands in pockets side by side. They began walking together and JB looked up at Steve (with a wow you're awesome look in his eyes) and said "Dad, you got a watch." Steve said 'Yes I do" JB smiled and looked down as he continued to walk, then JB said "Wook at the weaf (leaf) Dad." JB then strutted into the restaurant like he was a man. It was one of the absolute cutest moments we've ever had with him. He is always all about Daddy but this time it was with that hero twinkle in his eye!!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Daddy and JB
Posted by
MorningSong
at
9:03 AM
Labels: Buddy, Family Fun, Parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so precious! MAC is all about daddy right now. BTW- that photo is of MAC and a STATUE of a great dane! ROFL!
Awwww, Mel, what a sweet story! Wouldn't it be awesome if we emulated our Heavenly Father with that same enthusiasm!
Love ya! Have a blessed Sunday!
Tracey a.k.a. Paula!
These are the times that remain in your mind forever. These are the times I long for over and over.
Having your children grow into adults is the final goal. Desiring admirable and God fearing children who no longer need you on a daily basis.
Hang on to these times. You can never reclaim them.
These are the things that remind me of what is MOST important. To realize that JB is watching everything I do makes me want to be an imitator of Christ. Both JB and HC are our most important gifts and we must realize that they are in our care for such a short time. We both pledged at their dedication back to God that we would do our best to teach them about the one thing that is most important - a relationship with the living God. I hope my words and actions continue to be worthy of JB and HC wanting to be "like me". That is my prayer.
Daddy
Post a Comment