We had our Yard Sale last weekend and we had more fun than I expected. I was really unsure of our participation, even the morning of the yard sale. We priced our things Friday night and woke up early Saturday and began our journey.
It is so hard to determine pricing, and then the fact that some may not even want your stuff. I do not enjoy the chaos of it all. The people who only value EVERYTHING at fifty cents. C'mon!! Really?? Fifty cents??? I mean really?? They drove me INSANE! This may be our last yard sale, for a while, thanks to them.
None the less, this was a great opportunity to meet our neighbors. We've been here for a few weeks and we've met all of our immediate neighbors, but not really had time to talk to them. Our next door neighbors were out having a little yard sale fun with us. We feel we ended the day with a better idea of who they are. They are freaks! No - just kidding!! haha They are a really nice couple and are quite helpful and friendly. Nothing like putting your junk out there in front of someone to humble you!
So here is our loot:
It took me half a day to realize I should have pulled my large table out front for people to see. Oh well, that was where we put most of the JUNK. (*smile*) Ahem.. so we took our trash and made the following treasures:
Our refreshing umbrella to block that scalding sun with 100 degree heat.
A great storage unit for the outside toys. Don't you love the kiddie pool?
23 comments:
Does it just look that way, or is your son suspended between two chairs? hehe. Gotta love it!
I love these sales. I never go to them, but I've had two in my lifetime, the two times I've moved. I think people are a hoot when they come look at your junk, I mean treasures.
I hope you made loads of money and had loads of fun.
Good eye Ginger - I didn't even notice that he was hovering b/w two chairs. Doesn't surprise me! I'm just glad it was somewhat of a solid surface! LOL
LOVE garage sales!
OMG! We had a yard sale a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe the bargaining people were doing with me - I mean, things were a dollar! AND I actually had one old lad try to steal!! She wanted to buy a box of things... so she told me what was in the box... which I gave her b/c she looked like she needed some help holding things. So she says just a blanket, which was obviously not true since the box had stuff piled in it. I lift the blanket and she had wedged clothes and a few dvds in there! I was speechless! :) But... I have to tell you, my son William was just watching me load your blog, he saw your daughter and said "she's pretty mommy"... uh-OOO!! !! :) I have to say... he has excellent tatse, your daughter is beautiful!! It's just the first time he has ever said anything like that!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls
Yard sales are fun to visit and it's great when you find a bargain for something you need, but I don't like doing them. I totally agree--I can't believe how people try to bargain. I once had someone offer me a penny for something. A PENNY!
Looks like the kids had fun!
Isn't it great to have yard sales and clear out things. I've been in on a couple already this year.
I agree it is frustrating when people want to get it for even less than you have it marked. They are already getting a good deal. Which I mark my stuff pretty reasonably.
Hi again,
I'm sure my husband would help out any of my blogging buds. However I think you live too far away.
i've been wanting to have a yard sale soon. i've done a couple and i always end up feeling they are more trouble than they're worth (sort of the same way i feel about selling things on ebay) but i may do one this fall.
I've got a yard sale coming up next month - it is time to move kids clothing OUT. We'll see how it goes!
I'm glad you have nice neighbors, but I certainly hope you didn't give them your blog address! lol
What kind of fool do you think I am Momma Roar? haha Of course I didn't tell them about my 'little ole blog'. hehe
They are super nice neighbors by the way!
you didn't seriously just get rid of strollers. You didn't think we were going to be having kids soon?
50 cents! I totally understand. I had something for a QUARTER at our yard sale and someone asked if she could have it for a DIME. Seriously??!!
Congrats on your yard sale. We had one lady go through and tell us our stuff was junky just so we'd give it to her for cheaper, well, practically free. She kept saying, "this is kind of ugly, would you throw it in with the rest?" I wanted to ask her, "If it's so ugly, why do you want it?"
I think I would melt in that heat! 85 is hot for us!
Melodye,
It was so good to hear from you! As for the kids, if you are into crafts, we enjoy playdough (you can make your own w/peanut butter), or paint, or baking cookies. If you would rather something more energetic, you can play your music and let them play musical chairs (but I guess with only 2 it won't last as long as it does w/100). Or you could dance! Blockbuster also has "kids aerobics" (as well as barney). Hope this helps! Maybe you could switch your school time to the hottest part of the day after nap, and do something outside in the morning. It's all about flexibility! Great hearing from you!
That is the cleanest looking yard sale I have ever seen! I enjoy reading your blog. God bless you!
Thanks for the comment about your daughter! That is a great thing to teach her to say when she's afraid of something. I am going to tell William that. It is cute b/c now he wants the door open too... so I'm obliging. I feel so bad and I just don't want him to be fearful of things, it breaks my heart. And if I can do anything now to help the situation - I will! :)
And by the way... a marriage set up between the 2 is a go! :) You are the exact type of fun and loving family I want my boys to marry into!! Now there's just Alex and Ben to marry off! Any chance you'll have another gir!!?? And if I have a girl... there's always your son! LOL
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls
I have never had a yard sale before, but it sounds like it was a fun opportunity to meet your neighbors. I am glad it went well!
Boy, you would NOT like me going to your yard sale!!!!! ha ha
I am one of those bargaining fitty cent shoppers!!!!!
Aimee' you are worthy of a free deal! Not just a .50 deal! :) You've changed my perspective towards those who tried to bargain!
I was googling yard sales and I can't believe I came across your blog! I'm your $.50 neighbor.
Just kidding it was only me-LOL! It's SLAP HAPPY HOUR. Just thought I'd stop by before I went to bed and after seeing Leigh Ann's comment I couldn't resist.
Any way, the outside toy box is a MUST HAVE! But where did you get yours? Mine is not nearly that big and I need it that big!
I wanted to have a yard sale b4 we moved to NC but there really wasn't time, especially since we had to find a home for the animal. I'd have one here, but our only neighbors are cows---oops we do have some neighbors. Thank goodness this comment isn't on my blog-LOL!
FYI, Audrey's son has a good eye, your daughter is beautiful, and so is your son, but of course they are, they have a beautiful mother!!!
God Bless,
Amber
Oh!!! I get it!! So you are anonymous Mrs. delirious 2AM Amber? I didn't 'get' your 2nd comment until I was replying to anonymous. haha
I was asking her who did her hair!
You are a nut! :)
Haa haa - that was great Amber! hee hee - wish I would've thought of it first!
Post a Comment