Today we had the privilege of being invited over to a fellow homeschooler's Cinco de Mayo lesson. We learned about the origin of this holiday and then the kids were busy coloring their color pages. We followed this by a fun time of dancing to the music. Don't you just love how you have access to so many varieties of music via your cable carrier!? We really had fun playing freeze to the music and listening too. It really set the mood for us!
After we danced our tails off, the kids made ponchos! They had a blast coloring, gluing and sticking all sorts of goodies on their ponchos.
The kids enjoyed playing outside for 'recess'. hee hee And then it was lunch time!! Quesadilla's (sp?) were on the menu! Along with Mexican rice and of course we ate chips and salsa!! :)
Overall the day was GREAT!! What a fun idea! I was glad to celebrate this fun day with friends. HC and JB enjoyed themselves too! Thanks friends for inviting us! It was one of our best school days all year long!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Cinco de Mayo Celebration!
Posted by
MorningSong
at
1:54 PM
Labels: Holidays, Homeschool, See
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, looks like a great day. I admire you for homeschooling your children. I know it is not for everyone, but I always think highly of those who have the patience to do it.
Anyway, I finally got the Sunday paper and girl, there were SEVERAL $1 & $2 off coupons. I was like a kid at field day!
what a fun way to celebrate this interesting holiday :o)
looks like you all had a great time together :o)
~simply~
GREAT lesson. Looks like the kiddos had TONS of fun!!! :):)
FUN!!! We had nachos for dinner, but I failed to teach my child anything about Cinco de Mayo in the midst of my cleaning frenzy!
This was a great day! Let's do it again soon!
I'm so glad you were taking pictures.
Post a Comment