Mary at Not Before 7 is hosting Tiny Talk Tuesday! Visit her blog for more tiny talk!
_____________________________________
After JB sneezed the other day, he said "That's not a burp Mom. It's a bless you."
JB has recently shown himself to be a charmer. He has begun to show a lack of willingness to obey. When we speak forcefully to him regarding his disobedience (as in we raise our voices to show him this is not something we will bend the rule on) he then waits a few seconds. He smiles, and gives us the biggest WINK he can muster! Then he begins giggling and although we KNOW it is best to keep a straight face - he keeps winking until we cannot help it! This has really made life more difficult. He knows he can get us laughing and he is likely to get a softer response. He will also just start laughing hysterically when we correct him too! He is showing us that just because HC has shown us what her independence is like - we haven't seen nothing yet!
His newest thing (the first time we heard this was at the table Sunday when he dropped his lunch on his shirt) is to say "Oh shibbits!" Since Sunday I have heard this phrase at least 10 times! I try to not to freak out or worry too much when I hear words that concern me. For the longest time HC would say (repeatedly) "wicket wicket wicket wicket". It was her favorite word and I would tell her I did not like it. Then one day I googled it, after hearing it on Maggie and the Beast, and found that it was harmless. It is a piece to a game, the little hoops for cricket. She just liked the sound of the word. So, where did shibbits come from?? I do not know (it is eerily similar to a word I hope he isn't trying to say!!!!)! I am sure it will be clear eventually - but for now - JB is showing himself to be quite the charmer at just the right time! OH boy! What are we in for!?! (And he was the one that was so obedient! He used to say "Don't shout me Mommy." - in a please sort of way- if we had to fuss at him.) I thought he was going to be easier on this front. Boy was I wrong!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Tiny Talk Tuesday
Posted by
MorningSong
at
5:53 AM
Labels: Buddy, Pumpkin, Tiny Talk Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my girl...you do have an intersteding situation on your hands. I am so there with you with my T. We had that car seat incident with her laughing hysterically at me till I actually had to pull over to administer a spank. Oh my.
Of course, on the inside, you are "laughing", but must teach respect. I hear ya there...
interesting words ;)
Happy TTT...shibbits to all!
LOL at Mary's "shibbits to all!"
Colin is already showing that charmer side. AND he's only 18 months!! AAAHHHHH He's got a winning smile - makes it so hard!
So hard to keep a straight face too - but sometimes I think I am being too hard on them and it is good for us to laugh together - I really have to pick my battles (certinaly chosing to deal with those issues that demand respect but letting other things slide a little more)
Fun pool pictures! May we join your homeschool group?
Post a Comment