My Mother's Day started off a little rocky, to say the least. It all began on Friday when I began to feel a little funny but nothing ever came of it. Then Saturday we attended a birthday party and I felt a little worse - but not really bad! By the end of Saturday - my stomach bug was showing itself to be more and more evident. This was the kind of stomach bug that does not include hurling (if you know what I mean).
So, Sunday morning arrives. My hubby was the generous soul who gave me the stomach bug, and in true he-man status.. he was well within 12 hours. The kids were so thrilled to celebrate Mother's Day that I thought I was feeling well enough and so we did go to church. I ended up sitting in the hallway, just in case I needed to get to the ladies room in a hurry, listening to the message over the speakers.
We leave and then hubby offers to take me to a restaurant we frequented pre-kids. PF Changs! OK. My stomach is still 'whickety whack' but it just might be feeling that way because I am hungry. (Wishful thinking.) We go to PF Chang's and had the choice of waiting 45 minutes to sit inside or we could sit outside NOW. It was a GORGEOUS day and so we went for the "now" table. Having fun being silly!
Kissing Mommy! It IS my day you know! I should get ALL the kisses (but only on the cheek so as to not pass the bug on)!
The sun was beaming, the wind was blowing and we had fun outdoors together! HC was trying Dad's sunglasses for some relief. We were able to see a bird hopping around for crumbs (at a distance thank God) and a lizard entertained the kids for a good 10 minutes at least! It was perfect!
I know you may think I did not "look" sick in the pictures. (At least I hope you think that! haha) But this stomach bug was one where you felt fine, until that moment came! We arrived home and I was tired of waiting for the bug to run it's course. The day had passed and I was beginning to feel weak from it all so I asked hubby to Google "natural remedies for d...". He did and found that if I took a tablespoon of vinegar I should be fine. We put it in some Gatorade and I shot it down! It BURNED LIKE FIRE!!!!!!!! But I do think it worked. I ate some yogurt, wished we weren't out of probiotics and by that evening I was feeling better. Today - no symptoms - I am just trying to return to the eating world again. Tonight Hubby has tickets to a local baseball game and it would be the kid's first time to attend a real live baseball game - so I do hope I get my strength up soon! Sorry for the d.... topic - but that was what my Mother's day revolved around! Life happens you know!! :) Even on Mothers' Day!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day 2008
Posted by
MorningSong
at
12:58 PM
Labels: Celebrations, Healthy Remedies, Me, See
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh - bummer! SO sorry you had the bug on Mother's Day. I had something like that last Monday, but it only lasted about 1/2 a day for me. However, my poor hubby has been suffering all weekend. He is not d... he is c... Weird bug.
Ok - about the real bugs in AL... we did have bugs in PA, but just not the SIZE and QUANTITY that y'all have here in the south! And truth be told, I like the weather better in AL. Each place has it's goods and bads, I guess :)
Thanks for the tip about the spider - we are finding quite a few ticks (probably because of our dogs). Do you have problems with them?
Blessings!
Shirley
ps - Loved your post on Friday - just didn't have a chance to comment.
Oh you poor, poor dear!!
I do hope you are feeling better soon and these nasty bugs stay away...far away...from your family!!
The Fire safety lesson looked like fun! Our Co-Op does that in the fall, I'm looking forward to it again!!
Friday's post hit home with me as well - giving up those reigns - instructions vs requests - a perfect way to say it!
You poor thing!!! Hope you are 100% very soon. :) :)
Sick on Mother's Day??? What a bummer! Hope you're feeling better soon!!! Good for you for searching for and using a natural remedy! :)
Oh yuck. Maybe you can have a do-over. Thats what I'm doing. I wasn't sick. My kids were just rotten. They screamed pretty much all day. They just wanted to remind me that it's mothers day, but I am a mother of toddlers (and pre-schooler). So my husband decided that I can do my day over again when they are better behaved. So in 2018 I'm going to have an amazing mother day! :)
I saw you walk out of church! I hope you're feeling better! Play date soon?!?!
Post a Comment